Our American Legion passed these alarming statistics and we want to share with everyone. As you read the numbers ask yourself…
“What am I doing to help change these numbers?”
- Only 15% of IAVA’s annual survey respondents believe the American people really understand the contributions of military women.
- 40% have thought about taking their own life since joining the military, up from 31% in 2014;
- 80% do not think that troops are getting the care they need for mental health injuries.
- 50% have used the Post-9/11 GI Bill for themselves or their dependents.
- 63% think Congress is doing a poor job improving the lives of veterans.